- If you’ve always wanted to create beautiful art, but never thought you could
- If you’ve secretly loved to draw but somewhere along the way you got the message you weren’t good enough
- If you want to learn a fun way to de-stress and put get some balance in your life between work and play
- If you’d like to explore a way of learning how to slow down just a little
- If you’d like to learn more about the Zentangle® method
You’ve come to the right place!
What is Zentangle®?
Zentangle is a method of drawing with pen and ink. With slow, deliberate strokes, you use structured patterns to create a small work of art like the ones shown. Because Zentangle encourages focus and attention it creates a mindful state much like meditation.
In our multi-tasking, achievement-driven world, we tend to focus on the end result – the outcome of our efforts, not the process, or the ‘now’ part of the journey. As in meditation, Zentangle leads us to stay in the present. When we practise Zentangle we’re concentrating on slowing down the pen, focusing on each line, and appreciating the process itself. Because we aren’t focused on the outcome, we can simply enjoy ourselves without judgement. And without judgement, all kinds of creative doors open!
Why Take Classes?
It’s like learning how to knit, play the piano, or practise yoga. Sure you can find books on how to do it, and you can probably teach yourself. But you gain a better depth of understanding when you take a class; you get individualized feedback on what you’re doing, you meet other like-minded people with a common interest, and by committing to take a class you actually do carry through. And taking a class with a Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT) ensures you are really understanding the philosophy behind the method.
Take a look around and find out more about Zentangle, about classes on offer, and about me.