The Alhambra is a palace in Granada, Spain, known for its beautiful architecture and gardens, among other things. In this online class, (originally taught by Inge Frasch, CZT), we will create a ZIA piece reminiscent of the Alhambra using a string created by Marieke Sanchez, CZT.
Together we will transfer the string onto paper and then explore various tangles to fill in the spaces. You can create a gorgeous piece in black and white, or use your favourite medium to add colour. We’ll have time to get a good start on the tile and you’ll be able to finish it on your own confidently and be able to do more.
Saturday, October 3, 2020
1:00-3:30 pm PST
Click here to register now
Prerequisite: This class is offered only to students who have already taken a class with me. But even if you’ve only taken Zentangle Basics or Art Bites you will love it! And if you’ve been itching to add colour to your Zentangle work, this is the perfect opportunity. Contact me if you have any questions.and beyond!
- Your starter kit (01 pen, pencil, tortillon)
- Black PN pen
- White 10 gelly roll pen
- Good quality art paper (watercolour or dry medium) roughly 7.8” square (19-20cm) or larger
- Your favourite medium to add your own touch
Class materials kit (PN pen, paper and #10 white gelly roll) available for $15 – pickup only
Upon registration, you’ll receive and email with the Zoom invitation and further details.
About the paper: You’ll want a nice quality thick paper with a little bit of tooth. 140lb watercolour paper works nicely, but if you’re not using wet medium, a dry media art paper would be fine.
Contact me by e mail if you have any questions about materials needed.
ZentangleBasics – and beyond!
This is a 6-week course exploring the Zentangle Method right from the beginning.
Each week we will learn some new patterns, learn how to vary existing patterns to create different looks, work on shading and highlighting and try enhancers. By the end of the course, you’ll have a toolbox of patterns and techniques to go forward with, and will have the confidence to continue on your own or expand into new Zentangle and ZIA horizons.
Topics will include principles, elemental strokes, shading, enhancers, and over 20tangle patterns!
Tuesdays from 10:00-11:30 am PDT
September 22 – October 27, 2020
$100CDN for six 1.5 hour classes
Click here to register now
Class will be conducted via Zoom (5-minute orientation provided if needed). Upon registration, you’ll receive your Zoom invitation and a supply list. Most of the supplies will be things you have on hand or can easily find.
Course materials kit is available for an additional $25 (pickup only)
Here’s a fun way to get some Zentangle® in your life!
Online private and semi-private Zentangle lessons are now available. Choose a class with your friends, or arrange some quiet one-on-one instruction just for you. Online lessons and classes are taught via Zoom, and materials are not included. Most can be taken with the materials you already have at home; for others, we can discuss the materials you would like to use.
• Individual (2-hr private lesson ) – $40CDN
• 2 or more people (2-1/2hr lesson) – $30CDN/per person
Contact me to book a lesson
Here are some ideas – or ask for a custom lesson and we’ll see what we can do.:
Classes with no special materials required (just pen, pencil and paper)
• Zentangle Basics (your first stop for all things Zentangle)
• Zentangle Revisited (refresher for those who have the Basics)
• Beyond the Basics (refining your skills, more tangles)
• Level Up: Tangles and More (enhancers, tangleations)
• Shady Practise (get a handle on shading techniques)
• String Theory (how to create and use zillions of strings)
• Reticula & Fragments (the meat and bones of tangling)
• Pop-Up Tutorials (focus on just one tangle and make it yours
• Dynamic Dingbatz (tangling in closed dingbat format)
Classes required special materials (what you have on hand or want to order)
• TransZENding technique – (requires white gelly roll and white chalk pencil)
• Watercolour backgrounds – (requires watercolours)
• Tangling on Fabric – (requires fabric, and special markers)
• Impossible 3D Tiles – (requires scissors, glue: coloured paper/pens is an option)
• Zen Buttons – (requires compass or other ability to trace circles; colour is an option)
• Zen Gems – (requires coloured pencils or brush markers)
• Black Magic – (black paper, white/coloured pens, white/coloured pencil)
• Renaissance Treasures – (tan paper, brown/coloured pens, white/coloured pencil
• Zentangle Blue Steel – (grey paper, white/coloured pens, white/coloured pen)
• Zendala Discoveries – (5” round tiles – or trace a CD), white or coloured paper
• 3Z Mosaics – (triangles roughly 3” equal sides), white or coloured paper
Some of these materials are available to order from me or directly from zentangle.com.